2012 is the Year of the Harvest!! Are you experiencing a bountiful harvest in motherhood and beyond? If not, then what are you waiting for? John 4:35 says, "lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest."
Can you believe that it has been almost a full year since my last blog entry?!! When GOD says take a Sabbath break...you take it! Since last August I have increased my commitments in edifying the Body of CHRIST. Also, it was quite an adjustment, having my daughter in part-time kindergarten while home-schooling my younger two children. GOD has taught me much about achieving and maintaining a balanced life with motherhood and everything else! Praise the LORD!
Do you find yourself telling people, "If I'm not with my children or working, then you can probably find me at church or preparing to serve?" If that's you, then you likely qualify as a faithful servant, diligently using your unique, GOD-given gifts, time and energy to BLESS the Body of CHRIST and to bring heaven into the earth. If you aren't wearing your Mommy hat then you are wearing your Servant cap! If you have been a Mommy Missing In Action (M.I.A.) or perhaps you desire to be one, then this message shall encourage, inspire and transform you!!
On one BLESSED Sunday, my six-year-old prayed the salvation prayer for a few seven-year-olds to receive CHRIST JESUS as their LORD and SAVIOR! At such a young age, the gift of evangelism is being developed in her. I did not know that if I allow GOD to mature me as a servant, then I am able to model this for my children.
How did GOD equip me to model an evangelist's heart for my children? Weekly evangelizing with my church and sharing these experiences with my little ones was the humble beginning. One time, while on the way home from church with my children, I shared the Gospel of the Kingdom with someone and then explained to my children how the gift of salvation operates. Also, I expressed to them the joy I experience when I have the opportunity to administer the altar call for the 8-12 year-olds in the Children's Ministry of our church. I have been privileged to teach, minister, praise, worship, and serve the children at our church in the presence of my own entrusted children.
As we are made to be imitators of our Heavenly Father (Ephesians 5:1), our children will imitate us as mothers. Do your children witness your love for GOD, exhibited by your service to the Body of CHRIST?
Here are some self-assessment questions (Now, don't condemn yourself, but do take account! Like my Pastor says, you cannot manage what you have not measured!):
- Are you a member of a local church (having completed all of the prerequisites for membership)?
- Do you attend church weekly (honoring GOD with your willful, obedient and consistent tithe, first fruits offerings, and seed sowing)?
- Are you excited about going to service?
- Are you an integral part of a church ministry?
- Do your children see you serve, with a joyful countenance and positive words of faith?
A few scriptures that have helped me to increase my capacity to demonstrate Christian living and walking by faith in the are of service are the following:
- Luke 16:10 "He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much."
- 2 Timothy 1:6 "Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of GOD, which is in thee..."
- 1 Timothy 4:14 " Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy..."
- Romans 11:29 "For the gifts and calling of GOD are without repentance."
- 1 Corinthians 7:22 "For he that is called in the LORD, being a servant, is the LORD's freeman (made free): likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant."
- Colossians 3:23-24 "And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the LORD, and not unto men; knowing that of the LORD ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the LORD Christ."
How is your experience of serving the CHURCH while balancing mommyhood going? Please share your thoughts, issues, concerns and praise reports with us!!
Thanks in advance for sharing and BE BLESSED!!
Until the next MM...Daughter-Warrior-Priest-Queen Miriam